The New Normal means a few things, and in economic terms:
- those with mortgages, are likely underwater.
- exorbitant debt burdens for recent college students, both graduates and those who did not get a degree.
- social services cut, and a political paralysis and un-will to raise taxes.
In the nonprofit industry:
- money flows have changed.
- the support of individuals is tantamount.
- having 90% of revenue come from foundation grants is no-more. or a luxurious oddity.
- raising money is a 12-month, 365-day endeavor.
- programs need to run at cost, either covered by participant fees or with clear sense of where sponsorship and subsidization will come from. general support funding is not a long-term option.